5 Important Types of Brain Fuel for Kids
Brains are amazing organs. They allow us to think, reason and feel. We need them to be as healthy as possible in every single way. Here are some sure fired ways to keep them in tip-top form:
- Nutrition – Eat well and think well. Your brain needs omega 3’s and antioxidants to function at optimum levels. Lots of fish and berries on the menu!
- Rest – Brains need to take a break to rejuvenate and not get tired. Kids need 9-12 hours and teens need 8-10 hours every single night. No staying up late watching tv. 😉
- Play – Movement is important for brain function. It helps release hormones that will lift your mood and strengthen your attention and focus.
- Engagement – Thinking and challenging your brain is important for development. Kids need to keep their brain cells firing and active. Provide them with lots of learning stimulation.
- Self-check – It is essential that kids know how to do brain health checks for themselves. We want them to maintain positive and confident feelings when it comes to their mental wellness.