1. Talk openly about money, jobs, the economy & current events.
2. Don’t give them money, teach them how to earn it.
3. Discuss the cost of things (groceries, everyday items)
4. Guide their money choices, don’t make choices for them.
5. Explain the term “value” (what is something worth to you?)
6. Encourage them to spend. It’s the best way to learn.
7. Teach them the art of negotiation.
8. Explain taxes (how much and what are they for?)
9. Explain that all money decisions have a consequence, either good or bad.
10. Tell them it’s ok to make mistakes. It’s how we learn!